Monday, February 4, 2013

02/01-02/08 - High Fives

High Fives



















Lesson Objective: SWBAT apply their understanding of shape and texture into making a 3D creation of their hand using paper, glue, and yarn.

Essential Skill to be Mastered: Manipulating material to create their hand using paper, yarn and glue.

I Can Statement: I can create my own hand on paper using yarn and glue.

Teaching Strategy: Day 1 - To start this project I talk with the students about texture and have them find different items in the room that have texture and then I have them find items that look like they have a texture. I then show the example of the finished product, give out paper and have students trace their own hands, after which I model easier techniques for gluing the yarn and show how close together each strand should be. Days 2-5 - Use guided practice to make sure students are gluing yarn strand close together and to ensure they are following the rest of the guidelines.

Vocabulary:
Texture

Materials:
10x10 poster paper
Pencil
Yarn
Scissors
Glue

Instructions:
1. Trace around hand making sure fingers are spread apart.
2. Cut enough yarn of desired color to fit all the way around the hand line.
3. Apply a strip of glue about 2 inched in length to the hand line.
4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment