Monday, March 11, 2013

03/11-03/14 - Classroom Rules


CLASSROOM RULES POSTER



Lesson Objective: SWBAT list and understand the rules of the art classroom and use that understanding to create an original creative poster depicting those rules.

Essential Skill To Be Mastered: To understand the rules and procedures of their art classroom.

I Can Statement: I can design and create a poster showing classroom rules and procedures in the art classroom.

Teaching Strategy: Day 1 - I start this project by giving each table five minutes and one sheet of writing paper and have the students talk with each other about what they think the rules of the classroom should be and for one student from each table to write those ideas down. After five minutes I then have someone from each table tell the class one of the rules they have written down while I write them on the front board. After all tables have stated a different rule or agreed on a rule that is already written I then suggest rules and write them on the board also. I have someone pass out the poster paper while I show the students an example of the poster they are to create. As I am telling them the instructions I also write those instructions on the front board where they will stay until the project is to be completed so the students always know what their expectations are. Days 2-5 I use guided practice to help ensure the students are following the instructions and to give help and encouragement where it is needed.

Materials:
12x18 poster paper
Pencil
Colored pencils
Crayons
Markers
Rulers

Instructions:
1: Using a pencil and a ruler for straight lines make a border around the entire paper. The border can be designed any way the students want it to be.
2: Make the title of the poster "Classroom Rules".
3: List all of the rules that the class has listed that are written on the board making sure that they are numbered.
4: Students can use the ruler to make lines to write on.
5: Make sure that most of the white paper has been colored, designed or written on.

No comments:

Post a Comment