Tuesday, January 22, 2013

01/21-01/23 - Tiled Mosaic

Tiled Mosaic


Lesson Objective - SWBAT to work together as a group to produce one original tiled mosaic.

Essential Skill to be Mastered: Creating original designs on paper to use as a group project in creating on large mosaic.

I can Statement: I can create designed tiles to be used in one large mosaic.

Teaching Strategy: I gave each of the students one sheet of paper and only instructed them to create a design using the entire space on the square. I showed them different designed squares to give them an idea of what I was looking for but that they could not copy anything that I showed them but had to create something original. After the students started designing their squares I started asking questions about mosaics and what they were. I then showed the students online what we were going to create, what it would be used for and that they would not be able to take their tiles home but instead I would use them to create one large mosaic to be used in the upcoming art show. I do not, however tell them that they are to cut up their tiles so our mosaic looks more authentic until after all of them are finished, and I will mount onto backing.

Materials:
5x5 drawing paper
Pencil
Markers
Colored pencils
Large piece of cardboard
Black Paint
Glue

Instructions:
1. Draw a design on square paper with pencil.
2. Color with markers or colored pencils making sure to color entire sheet.
3. Cut into 2-4 pieces.
4. Paint cardboard black and let dry.
5. Glue pieces onto painted cardboard making sure to leave space in between each piece to create a mosaic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment